Search It!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brownies

So, these are the best brownies I have EVER had! Let me tell you!
And oh so simple.

I got this recipe off of Epicurious.com(a favorite website of mine), courtesy of Alice Medrich, though I tweaked it a bit to make it simpler and more accessible...

2 sticks of unsalted butter-melted(I melted mine in the microwave for a minute)
2 cups sugar
1 cup plus 4 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
and chocolate chips, or walnuts, or marshmallows, or whatever you want to put in it, if anything....they are delicious all on their own!

preheat the oven to 325 F, and put the rack in the lower third of your oven.

Mix the melted butter, cocoa, sugar and salt together and mix on medium-medium high speed until it has the consistency of thick mudd---I know, I know, not a pretty visual, but it gives you an idea :)

add the eggs one at a time-make sure you crack them into a separate bowl first to catch any shells---I had the fun experience of fishing through my batter to find a shell piece. I am far to good of a baker to let someone crunch into an egg shell

once the batter is smooth, add the flour and continue mixing until a thick, frosting like(better comparison than mudd *Smiley*) consistency.

Grease a 9 x 13 pan and line with parchment paper, so a little is hanging off the side--as to be able to life it out of the pan later.

bake about 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out moist with a little bit of batter on it. If it's covered in batter...put it in five more minutes.

once done and chilled, drizzle with melted Andes mints for a Christmas feel, brulee marshmallows on top, or just enjoy by themselves! These would make GREAT Sundays, I might add!

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment