Search It!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bruschetta...Oh My Word!

So, the family is over today and we wanted something light and flavorful for lunch, so I picked a classic...Bruschetta, and Oh My Word! One of the best things I've ever made, and it only gets better each time I make it!

What you need:
3 large tomatoes or 1 carton of campari tomatoes from publix-seeded and diced
5 or 6 garlic cloves minced very well
4 or 5 largish basil leaves-chiffonade
salt pepper and olive oil to taste
loaf of good french or Italian bread and more olive oil to drizzle on top

Once you prepare all the ingredients mix them together in a bowl wit the salt and pepper to taste and olive oil to coat. Heat your oven to 300 F. Drizzle the bread with olive oil and bake for about 7-8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Put bread on a platter, top with bruschetta and enjoy!!

Hope you love it, I know I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment